Menai Heritage is an independent volunteer-run museum. Without the Volunteers there would be no Collection, no Exhibition, no talks and walks, no events.
A group of volunteer trustees manage the running and organisation and development of the museum and its activities.
Other volunteers help with
- cataloguing and managing the Collection and Care of photographs, paintings and artefacts
- writing articles for local newspapers and journals
- research into topics and people connected with the Collection
- display of the Collection items
- reception for the Exhibition
- providing tea and coffee for visitors
- acting as guides – talking to people, recording any questions or interests
- bi-lingual presentation
- group visits from schools or local societies
- arranged walks
Would you like to get involved with any of these activities? The time you give is by arrangement. It can be very rewarding and provides opportunities for developing new skills.
If you would like to know more please contact us.